Thursday 8 December 2011

Chanel Pre-fall 2012

Oh Lagerfeld, you never seize to amaze me...

Like always, Lagerfeld knows how to put on a great show. Before addressing the clothing, I think what really stood out for me was how the runway was crafted. The runway was lined with crystal dining ware topped with fruit platters and candles, all under beautiful chandeliers. It was truly an "Indian Buffet" (which was the theme for the show).

In terms of the clothing, the balance between western cuts and traditional indian tailoring was just right (in my opinion). Each piece was incredibly detailed, and expressed both sophistication and elegance that the house of Chanel is known for. I also  loved the attention to detail with each piece. The beading and jewelry made these garments ooze with luxury, but also looked wearable.  Vraiment, très bon travail Monsieur Lagerfeld.
















                              (I'm sorry for the bad quality, the colours don't look as lush in the vid)

No comments:

Post a Comment