Friday 24 June 2011

Feathers...I can't get enough!

The feather thing has been around for quite a while now, but I'm surprised I'm not sick of it yet.
I've noticed alot more girls wear feathers in different ways and I guess it is a more feminine thing to do. However, I'm starting to see alot more guys wearing feathers and even designers are catering to using feathers in menswear too. For example, Swedish designer Carin Wester used feathers for most of the menswear designs in her S/S 2011 collection. I particularly loved how she used different types of feathers for the necklaces. I was also impressed with how masculine they looked and I loved the incorporation of different beads to make the look more natural and tribal/native looking.

This trend really has an influence on my own fashion sense. Most of my accessories have a feather theme to them. And I find most of these items easily pair up to my overall look. Recently, I have an urge to feather my hats. I just need to find the right feathers (I'm thinking a long-pheasant like feather).

Anyway, I'm on a mission to look for other designers who use feathers in menswear, so if anyone knows of any give me a heads up!! thx

Carin Wester S/S 2011

Carin Wester S/S 2011

Carin Wester S/S 2011




I have feathers too!

No comments:

Post a Comment